Weekly Blog #3


Weekly Blog #3
Saturday, May, 18
This week was definitely the busiest week of the three so far. Every time I got a new idea I wanted to bring it to life and make it. Started off with spears. I put all the spearheads on the shaft and put screws in them so they would be stable. I Shields I finished putting the handles, decorations and the protective spray paint on all but two of my shields. I now have only two shields left to finish. I Made my last two today using the same technique as I used on my first one. I used a piece of wood that has been hollowed out in the middle so it creates a dip for the flat metal to sit on and when the hammer hits it and creates a divot in the metal and has a nice texture to it. I still need to put the handles and decoration on both of my shields and when I’m finished with that I will spray paint them with the protective coating. Once I have all my shields at the same stage I will spray paint them with color and that would be the end of my work on the shields. Looking back at this week I’ve spent most the time on spears and shields. The next time I will dedicate all my time towards my swords. Then on Tuesday I will complete my shields and swords and do any last touches that I need to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Blog #18

Daily Blog #1

Daily Blog #14